I was recently nominated for the Liebster award! Now that I’m done with the bar exam, I have some time to get to this.
Liebster is an award from bloggers to bloggers with smaller followings in order to get his or her name out there. Here are the details.
1. You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you
2. You must pick 10 bloggers with a smaller following to be nominated for the award
3. You must create 10 questions for the nominees to answer on their blog
4. Then link back to the person who nominated you
5. And then go to each new nominees’ blog and notify them of the nomination!
I was nominated by one of my good friends, Bri Dupree. Check out her excellent and thought-provoking blog, Echoes of Grey, here.
These are my answers to her questions:
1. Why do you write?
Writing is an outlet and a form of therapy for me. Many of my blog posts are drafted after a tough or discouraging day, even if the post itself is lighthearted. Writing also helps me organize & structure my thoughts on complex issues.
2. What cause or injustice would you give your life for?
I want people to know they can get along with, and even love, people vastly different from them. One of my greatest passions is seeing a diverse group of once-strangers accomplish something together that they could never have accomplished individually.
3. Who is your favorite musician right now?
For weeks on end when I was studying for the bar, I would basically switch back and forth between Ellie Goulding’s “Halcyon Days” album and Ed Sheeran’s “X” album, so I’m not sure what that says about me.
4. If you could do anything for the rest of your life, what would you do?
I should probably say something more meaningful here, but I would honestly like to chase tornadoes in Kansas or something. If not that, I would really enjoy traveling to small, remote villages around the world in different countries, live with them for awhile, and then share stories about their way of life. I would highly recommend the documentary “Happy People” about a small village in northern Siberia (it’s on Netflix)–that documentary kind of gave me the idea.
5. If you had to pick one song to describe where you are in life right now, what song would it be and why?
Zac Brown Band’s “No Hurry.” The longer I live, the more I am drawn to the simplicity of life. We make it complex in so many ways, but sometimes the best medicine is to slow down and let the world go on without you–it doesn’t need you to keep it running. As the song says “I’d be a fool now to worry about all those things I can’t change, and the time that I borrow can wait til tomorrow, cuz I ain’t in no hurry today.”
6. What does Jesus mean to you?
Jesus is true life. He doesn’t merely represent life, but IS life–the living water that every soul desperately desires.
7. What is the vision of your blog?
The blog gives me a place to collect my thoughts, some serious, and some not so much. I don’t have any grand visions for it. I just want people who stop by to get a few laughs or stop and think for a second about a new way to look at something.
8. What is your morning routine?
I don’t have one, except to make a cup of tea–my favorite is earl grey.
9. What is your favorite coffee drink?
Iced coffee, one pump mocha, with 2% milk. Not too sweet, just a hint of mocha. Awesome. On a side note, I HIGHLY recommend the Saxbys Coffee on Feedwire Rd. in Centerville. They have a secluded study room, and I spent hours upon hours in there studying for the bar exam. They also give you free refills, and the baristas are top notch.
10. What’s the biggest struggle for you right now in your relationship with Christ?
Not knowing what He wants me to do in this life. Sometimes I feel like I am given glimpses of a plan He has for my life, but other times the road seems to be shrouded in a fog. When I get discouraged, I have to remind myself that I am called to follow Him one day at a time. It is a daily decision–and if I, by faith, follow him in the small things every day, I have to trust he will take care of the bigger things later on.
And here’s who I’m nominating (only 6):
1. Aeric Estep at Musings from the Tent (hopefully this will get him blogging again!)
2. Taylor Reavely at taylorreavely
3. Neal family at Neal Ink
4. Grace Voltz at Grace – God’s Riches At Christ’s Expense
5. Amanda Tress at Fit Pregnancy and Parenting
6. Bri Dupree at Echoes of Grey (only if you want haha)
And here are your questions:
1. If you had to live in another country for a full year, what country would you choose and why?
2. If you had the skills to be in a band and tour for a living, what kind/genre of music would you play?
3. What person, currently living, would you want to have lunch with, and why?
4. What brings you the greatest joy?
5. If you had to act in a movie, what kind of movie would it be, and what kind of role would you play?
6. How do you connect with a person you’ve never met before?
7. Name a movie that has made you weep (or almost weep)
8. Jesus has changed the way I _______________.
9. Do you believe (or even entertain) any conspiracy theories? If so, which one(s)?
10. Your go-to dessert OR your go-to appetizer
One thought on “I’ve Been Nominated For The Liebster Love Award!”
Happy People was one of the coolest things ever. Yes, I’m reading your blog and I don’t know how I got here.